National Child Abuse Prevention Month is a time to acknowledge the importance of families and communities working together to prevent child abuse and neglect, and to promote the social and emotional well-being of children and families. During the month of April and throughout the year, communities are encouraged to share child abuse and neglect prevention awareness strategies and activities and promote prevention across the country.
Why Subscribe to the CASA Blog?
You’ll be inspired by what CASA Advocates are doing for children in your community, how people like you are volunteering their time to give a voice to children removed from their homes due to abuse and neglect. They serve as the “eyes and ears” of the court and speak up to make the child’s best interest known. Advocates help to secure a safe, nurturing and permanent home for each child as quickly as possible.
- Visit Our Events Calendar for Upcoming Events!
- 22nd Annual CASA Speaks for Kids Gala
- Almost Half Million Children Are in the Foster Care System (Article by Good Housekeeping)
- Parenting a Child Who Has Experienced Trauma
- Montgomery County to pilot program for foster children: Local success in finding families for children serves as state model