While we are certainly looking forward to 2021 and the good news it will hopefully bring with it, we also believe it’s important to take a moment to reflect on what we have accomplished together in 2020!
- 350 volunteer Advocates served 680 children in foster care
- That’s 100% of children in care in our county
- 74 caring individuals stepped up, took the new Advocate training, and were sworn in
- Our volunteers and staff made sure every child continued to have the support of an Advocate through innovation and out-of-the-box thinking
And our work goes on…
As we prepare for the new year, we know that:
- About 6 children enter the foster care system in Montgomery County each week
- During the past year, we experienced monthly increases of up to 77% in the cases of abuse being reported
- Every one of these children deserves to have a volunteer by their side, looking out for their best interest and ensuring they are heard in the court system
Thank you for supporting children in care
Our heartfelt gratitude goes out to our incredible volunteers; event planning committees, sponsors, donors, and attendees; CASA Board members; plus our child welfare and community partners. You have changed the future for hundreds of children in this year full of challenges! Without you, this would not have been possible.
Happy New Year!
Making a lasting impact in the new year
If you’d like more information, there are several ways to make a meaningful difference in the life of a child in the year ahead:
- Make a one-time or monthly gift: https://bit.ly/give-a-child-hope
- Round-up your spare change on everyday purchases: https://bit.ly/give-a-child-hope
- Sponsor a table or attend our 2021 CASA Speaks for Kids Benefit Concert on March 6, 2021 at the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion: https://casaspeaks4kids.home.qtego.net/
- Become a volunteer Advocate! https://casaspeaks4kids.com/volunteer/