SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 10, 2018
5K TRAIL RUN THROUGH W.G. JONES STATE FOREST
AND 1 MILE FUN RUN
Start/Finish – The Woodlands Christian Academy
ABOUT THE EVENT:
The 9th Annual CASA Superhero Run features:
- 5K Trail Run/Walk
- 1 Mile Fun Run/Walk
- Participate dressed as your favorite Superhero!
- High demand, flat, natural terrain course
- Only run in Montgomery County with courses through the beautiful W.G. Jones State Forest
- Hero Headquarters, which hosts sponsor tents, food and beverages, as well as plenty of engaging activities for children
- Fun for the whole familiy!
CASA Child Advocates of Montgomery County provides and promotes court-appointed volunteer advocacy so that every abused and neglected child can have the opportunity to thrive in a safe, nurturing and permanent home. Now is the time to get involved and support a better future for these children. REGISTER NOW.
Whether you are a competitive runner, a casual walker, or just love the idea of supporting a wonderful cause, participating in the CASA Superhero Run allows you to show your support for abused and neglected children in Montgomery County.
NEW FOR 2018! BECOME A SUPERHERO BY RAISING FUNDS IN SUPPORT OF CASA!
- In Montgomery County, it costs $1,500 to provide an Advocate for one child for one year.
- Currently, more than 9 children enter foster care in Montgomery County EACH WEEK.
- If every participant raised just $25, we would reach our goal of $10,000 which would provide almost 7 abused or neglected children with Advocates this year.
Unable to participate in the Superhero Run this year? You can still support the children CASA volunteers serve by hosting your own fundraiser on Crowdrise. It’s easy!
- Just follow this link: http://bit.ly/CASASuperheroFundraiser_Crowdrise.
- Click on the grey button on the right labeled “Set Up Your Fundraiser”.
- All participants raising $100 or more will receive a navy, long sleeve, tech shirt.
- Participants raising $250 or more will receive a complimentary item. (TBA)
- Participants raising $500 or more will receive a complimentary item. (TBA)
- All participants raising $500 or more will be entered into a drawing for an AMAZING prize package!
- Award certificates will be presented to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd individual fundraisers and team fundraisers.
All net proceeds benefit CASA Child Advocates of Montgomery County.
Last year in Texas,
- 172 CHILDREN died of child abuse or neglect.
- Every 9 minutes, a child became a victim of abuse or neglect.
- 60% of child abuse or neglect victims were under the age of 6.
The mission of CASA Child Advocates of Montgomery County is to provide and promote court-appointed volunteer advocacy so that every abused and neglected child can have the opportunity to thrive in a safe, nurturing, permanent home. We recruit, train, and lead devoted community volunteers to provide a voice for the needs of children removed from their homes. We are the only organization in Montgomery county providing this network of support for our community that has a child population of 135,756. CASA Child Advocates of Montgomery County was established in January of 1992, and during that first year, we served 28 children. In 2017, 261 volunteers served 681 abused and neglected children. In the twenty-six years since we began, CASA has advocated for more than 8,000 abused and neglected children in Montgomery County.