When you volunteer for CASA, you give hope to a child who has been the victim of abuse or neglect. Become a volunteer Advocate, help with fundraising, work with others planning an event or volunteer in the office.
A CASA Volunteer must:
- Be 21 years of age or older.
- Successfully pass application, screening and background check requirements.
- Successfully complete initial training provided by the CASA Child Advocates of Montgomery County program.
(35 hours of initial training (15 in-person classroom hours and approximately 20 online/independent reading hours), plus 3 hours of courtroom observation) – you must complete all classes in a session.
- 12 hours of continuing education annually related to the work of best interest advocacy.
- Be able to make a 12-month minimum commitment to a case.
(An average of 10-15 hours per month)
- Be able to keep information confidential and work within established program guidelines.
- Be computer-literate.
Become a Volunteer Advocate
To get started please click the link below and complete our online application. For more information about becoming a CASA Volunteer Advocate, call or email Shellie Tyrrell at 936-441-5437 or email@example.com.
For your convenience, CASA offers day & evening classes. Click here for schedule of upcoming training classes.
Want more information or have questions? Attend one of our “Conversations with CASA” events, and you will have the opportunity to join current CASA volunteers for informational conversations about becoming an Advocate. View our calendar for upcoming events.