The Advocate Center of CASA provides information for everyone, whether you are signing up to become an Advocate or searching for information to help as you volunteer as an Advocate. This section has the following information for you:
This program offers resources to help you more effectively advocate for teens on your cases.
- Purchase Wearables including t-shirts, polos, caps and more to designate yourself as an Advocate or just to show your support for CASA (note: minimum order amounts may apply)
- CASA Blog provides information about events and other newsworthy topics
- Calendar of Events is a monthly calendar giving you a day by day look at the items scheduled at CASA
- In-Service calendar provides an overview of classes scheduled for in-service training
- Continuing Education Resources Content is helpfully divided among topic modules with links to the videos, articles, and activities (covering ACEs, Adoption, CFE, Educational Advocacy, Diversity & Inclusion, TBRI, and much more), as well as an explanation of continuing education requirements. You will also find in-service training hours you can earn on your own by reading books, case studies, or magazine articles or by watching approved movies. This section tells you the procedures for obtaining independent learning in-service credits and the resources available to utilize.
- The Advocate and Volunteer Policies provide guidelines for our standards and minimum expectations for volunteering at CASA Child Advocates of Montgomery County.
- CASA Bike Program allows Advocates to submit a request for a bike and helmet for their child(ren) with The Bike Guys
- Game of Life Educational Video Series was professionally produced by the Leadership Montgomery County Class of 2021 for use with teens in care
- Forms contain current forms and maps that advocates need in performing their role from mileage to courtroom locations
- Tips for Testifying in Court provides general information that will help you understand how to testify in court
- Advocate Volunteer Council facilitates programs and events that benefit all Advocates and welcomes new members
- Questions, Comments and Concerns Center allows you to ask questions, provide feedback or express a concern to CASA
Enjoy all of the information provided in the Advocate Center. If you have any questions, please email Shellie Tyrrell at Shellie@CASASpeaks4Kids.com.