New Advocate Training Class: Session VI – In-Person (TUE)
As with most volunteer opportunities working directly with children, we have an application and screening process. Please keep that in mind when choosing a class session.
This is an IN-PERSON training for new Advocates. Training will be held at the CASA office in downtown Conroe (505 N. Main Street, Conroe, TX 77301)
HOW TO SIGN UP FOR A TRAINING CLASS:
- The first step is submitting an application. APPLY ONLINE HERE.
- You will then be contacted to schedule an interview.
- You will receive an email from the Recruiting Manager and/or Training Manager with further instructions before training begins.
STEPS 1 AND 2 ABOVE MUST BE COMPLETED BEFORE TRAINING BEGINS.
For more information, please contact the Recruiting Manager (936-441-5437 or Shellie@CASASpeaks4Kids.com).
PLEASE NOTE: Training is about 35 hours (15 in-person classroom hours and 20 “homework” hours) – you must take all classes in a session (plus the additional 3 hours of Court Observation before being sworn in.)
TRAINING INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:
- Five-hour increments of training per day spread out over three weeks for a total of 15 hours of in-person training.
- These classes will be done live and will not be recorded.
- Pre-work must be completed before each class. Participants will still have to complete THREE hours of Court Observation before being sworn in.
- Training dates are 9/13, 9/20, and 9/27 from 9:00 am – 2:00 pm. Participants must attend ALL sessions.
NEW ADVOCATE TRAINEES WILL ALSO NEED TO:
- Complete fingerprints and background checks
- Complete Child Protective Services court observation
- Be sworn in before the judge