New Advocate Training Class: Session XI – VIRTUAL (Monday evening Zoom meetings)
As with most volunteer opportunities working directly with children, we have an application and screening process. Please keep that in mind when choosing a class session.
At this time, CASA Child Advocates is offering virtual, Zoom conference training for new Advocates.
HOW TO SIGN UP FOR A TRAINING CLASS:
- The first step is submitting an application. APPLY ONLINE HERE.
- You will then be contacted to schedule a phone or video call interview.
- You will receive an email from the Training Director, Ann Marie Ronsman, with Zoom meeting login instructions before training begins.
STEPS 1 AND 2 ABOVE MUST BE COMPLETED BEFORE TRAINING BEGINS.
For more information, please contact the Recruiting Manager (936-441-5437, ext. 209 or Shellie@CASASpeaks4Kids.com).
PLEASE NOTE: Training is 30 hours (12 Zoom conference hours, 3 in-person classroom hours and 18 online hours) – you must take all classes in a session (plus the additional 3 hours of Court Observation before being sworn in.)
VIRTUAL TRAINING INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:
- Four-hour increments of training per day spread out over three weeks for a total of 12 hours of Zoom online training.
- These classes will be done live and will not be recorded.
- Pre-work must be completed before each class. Participants will still have to complete THREE hours of in person training (date TBD) before being sworn in.
- Training dates are 11/2, 11/9, and 11/16 from 5pm to 9pm. Participants must attend ALL sessions.
ONCE THE CASA OFFICE IS OPEN, NEW ADVOCATE TRAINEES WILL NEED TO:
- Complete the final 3 hours of training in person
- Complete fingerprints and background checks
- Complete Child Protective Services court observation
- Be sworn in before the judge
Applications and volunteer information may also be found HERE. Training dates and times are subject to change.